What's New in Skin Tightening
FraxRF or Fractional Radiofrequency tightening utilizes a minimally invasive fractional Radio Frequency device with micro-needle electrodes. It provides direct heat with both epidermis and dermis through precise depth control which is adjustable. Recent RF delivery systems include fractional RF which is a particularly intricate variation in which bipolar RF flows amid an array of micro electrodes ceasing thermal zones of tissue heating at precise and targeted depths. Fractional RF improves skin smoothness, wrinkling, and acne scarring, with a tightening benefit up to 37% of a face-lift. (Medical References Below).
Dr. Dannaker has pioneered intial studies into this new and emerging field and has published in the prestigious journal, Nature:
Morton, L, Dove, J, Foreseeing the Futrue of Skin Tightening, Dermatology Surgery, 2014:40: S199-S202.
Alexiades-Armenakas, Rosenberg, M, Renton, D, Dover, B, et. al. Blinded randomized quantitative grading comparison of minimally invasive, fractional radio frequency and surgical face-lift to treat skin laxity. Arch Dermatol, 2010: 146: 396-405.
MICRONEEDLE RF TREATMENT PRODUCES WELL DEFINED ZONES OF COAGULATIVE DAMAGE
Fractional RadioFrequency microneedling is clinically proven. The histology images below show the discrete coagulative injury zones in the dermis while sparing the epidermis. The natural healing process, following the skin rejuvenation treatment, replaces the damaged zones with new collagen and elastin.
What does FraxRF do?
- Improves skin tone and helps fade hype pigmentation (93%)
- Reducing pores in the face (87%),
- Appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (77%),
- Improvement in skin tightening of the face (70%),
- Reduction of nasolabial folds (57%).
- FraxRF is used to rejuvenate the skin, improving its elasticity, and in the treatment of acne scarring by the use of the reserve power of the healthy tissue surrounding the treatment zone.
- The treatment does not affect daily life. After the treatment, erythema and swelling lasts from 1 to 3 hours.
- With sophisticated technology, strong energy is delivered directly to the target area. It covers the entire face: the centre of the forehead, flabby cheeks, areas around the eyes and jaw line.
Indications for Frax-RF system:
- Advanced aging and photoaging of the skin
- Wrinkles and skin laxity of the face
- Facial and acne scars
- Stretch Marks
- Body tightening ie. legs, arms
Effects visible immediately after the treatment of Frax- RF:
- Significant improvement in skin laxity
- Improves skin elasticity
- Improvement in skin tone
- Wrinkle reduction
- Reduction of discoloration
- Decreased activity of the sebaceous glands
Varia Yag Laser for Facial Rejuvenation and Tightening
|"Tightening of the skin other than the face is challenging, especially when the patient desires little to no downtime. Yag laser (Varia) and radiofrequency (Aluma, Thermage) offer some improvement but the results can be variable. Combining various lasers and other modalities appears to improve the skin's response. I always attempt to give the patient an accurate range of expected results before embarking on a treatment plan."
here is absolutely no downtime after treatment, you can have a treatment and resume regular activities immediately after the procedure.
EXCLUSIVE PATENTED THERMAL QUENCHING SYSTEM
|Patients experience a more comfortable laser procedure with CoolTouch's Exclusive Patented Thermal Quenching™ Post-Cooling|
|A pulse of laser light, penetrates deeply into the dermis to the target. Selective absorption occurs.||After absorption heats the dermis, a pulse of cooling selectively protects surface structures and quenches the heat rising from the dermis.|
RadioFrequency Skin Tightening with the
The Aluma by Lumenis, gently suctions the skin of the face or body into the hand piece sending RF energy into the deeper dermis. The procedure does not require anesthesia and is gentle. Typically there is no downtime. The neck, face and body can all be treated by a series of 4-6 treatments. Dr. Dannaker is an experienced dermatologist in the use of radio frequency. There are many variables in applying these treatments including patient selection, skin type, the amount of power used as well as number of passes employed. Although some practices or med-spas use similar treatments, there is great variability in the operator's knowledge and experience which can and does effect patient outcomes. Dr. Dannaker believes you will see better results with a physician determining your care and supervising or operating these type of devices.
Collagen is increased through heat stimulation of the dermis via radiofrequency energy.
*Results may vary